Facilities Engineer - Defense
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Facilities Engineer, you are responsible for maintaining all facilities & grounds; supporting growth initiatives; contractor liaison; maintaining certifications; and ensuring local/state/federal regulations compliance for all Defense sites. As a member of the Maintenance and Reliability team within the Process Engineering department, your primary goal is to ensure we maintain safe and effective work environments, with facilities capable of supporting our mission-critical products and processes.
- Maintain strong reporting relationships with Site Directors and Process Engineering department leads;
- Coordinate with Site Directors & Product Engineering Department Lead on implementation of new building projects;
- Analyze facilities PM program and modify as necessary;
- Evaluate water and energy consumption and initiate projects to improve efficiency;
- Develop budgets, both capital and expense, to ensure existing facilities and grounds are properly maintained;
- Lead the design and implementation of new building projects and facility modifications;
- Build strong relationships with existing contractor base and initiate new vendor partnerships;
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and building codes;
- Prepare project reports;
- Maintain facility drawings;
- On-call support;
- Other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen or permanent resident;
- Min. 5 years experience across spectrum of Construction, Machining, Facilities Maintenance, HVAC, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Automation, or related discipline and/or technical degree equivalent;
- Proficient with Microsoft office software, related plant maintenance modules, reporting tools, and tracking systems;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated with a passion for customer service, continuous improvement, project management;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of MEP blueprints;
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving;
- Solid report writing experience that translates to technical procedures and related documentation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automation systems;
- Advanced working knowledge of electrical and HVAC codes and requirements;
- Ability to travel, both locally and across the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering;
- 3-5 years experience developing site plans with long-term growth strategy;
- 3+ years experience in facilities management position;
- Advanced hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automation systems;
- Cross-functional customer service & leadership skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experienced computer modeling design and/or site software design;
- Fork truck, tractor, other heavy equipment operation experience;
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2267