Engineer - Tooling
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Tooling Engineer at EaglePicher is responsible for converting team solutions into cost effective tools and fixtures using comprehensive communication skills; advanced knowledge in tooling fabrication and materials; and latest technological tools in 3D design to ensure optimal tool life for the entire production life cycle. Primary responsibility is providing World Class tools & fixtures, documentation, and support to ensure batteries are being manufactured safely and efficiently to meet mission-critical quality standards. This position collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to achieve optimal, manufacture-able designs.
- 3D modeling, hands-on bench testing, industry best practices, and ergonomics.
- Capture tooling life cycle requirements within drawing packages using industry standards; ASME, MIL, ANSI, ….
- Collaboratively solve tooling, fixture, and equipment issues utilizing root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Specify, procure, and implement fixtures, tools, and capital equipment projects.
- Train manufacturing personnel on new tooling and fixtures.
- Create and maintain tooling design, usage, tool families, and maintenance standards.
- Collaborate with operations, quality, tool crib, maintenance, and vendors to ensure inventory controls are integrated.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Science or related discipline preferred.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Complex assembly & component level modeling using 3D CAD design software experience; SolidWorks preferred.
- Subject matter expert in use and selection of tooling materials, manufacturing processes, and coatings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of GD&T, tolerance stack-ups, limits & fits.
- Experience working in data and file management environment; SolidWorks PDM preferred.
- Self-motivated with a passion for process improvement.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas using drawings, documents, and presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Passion for additive manufacturing processes, techniques, and best practices.
- Battery industry experience (especially Thermal batteries);
- Experience with powder metal processing (powder feeding, pellet pressing/consolidation, etc.);
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies;
- Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, etc.);
- Robotics, EOAT, and process/assembly automation experience; working knowledge of programmable logic, sensors, controls.
- Automated inspection experience (vision systems, etc.);
- Additive manufacturing experience.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1866