Embedded Engineer - R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The candidate will work with EaglePicher Battery Engineering Teams to perform a diverse mix of embedded code and software tasks related to the design, development, test, qualification and production support of electronic assemblies used to manage the charge and discharge of battery systems. This will enable the individual contributor to exercise their proficiency in software and embedded code to deliver electronic control systems for Lithium-Ion battery assemblies used in various Military, Aerospace and commercial applications.
- Develop structured embedded code and software in a style that is well documented, readily supportable and complies with Military software safety standards for a Battery Management System (BMS)
- Demonstrable ability and experience with analyzing and debugging systems involving hardware and firmware and software interactions.
- Analyze existing code and reverse engineer previously written embedded code / software.
- Experience with software development in a DO-178 or DO-178 like environment
- The ability to understand Customer Requirements and generate clear and concise flow down product definition documents such as Specifications and Statements of Work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or related discipline requiried.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Previous software development experience reading and understanding firmware written in C for various types of micro-controllers while using an Integrated Development Environment.
- A demonstrable understanding of modern software development paradigms including requirements definition using regression testing
- U.S. Citizen or Permanant Resident.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.