Electrical Engineer, R&D
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? We are seeking an engaged Mid to Senior level Electrical Engineer that enjoys hands-on engineering and has some background, or passion, in power management. Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Electrical Engineer responsible for full cycle prototyping, you will join the R&D team and be a key contributor in creating ultra-high power energy storage system PCB controllers in lithium ion battery systems used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Core responsibilities will be PCB circuit design and layout for digital and analog circuits utilizing a systems level design approach. Daily tasks will include signal conditioning, modeling/design of low speed analog circuits, bus bar design, and cabling. Other tasks include component selection, sourcing, board bring-up, debugging using lab tools like oscilloscopes and logic/protocol analyzers, manual or hand pick and place, requirements definition, hands on verification testing, and automated test fixture design.
- Expert in PCB schematic and layout (Altium Designer strongly preferred)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong intuitive grasp of fundamentals including circuits, signal processing, and communications.
- Background serial protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- 3+ years industry experience including recent relevant PCB design work
- Masters degree a plus
- Strong understanding of how PCB’s are fabricated, optimizing for manufacturability, reliability, and cost
- Experienced in sourcing, ordering and board bring up
- Proven track record of being exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Background in low power embedded systems
- Familiarity with power electronics, and high voltage/high power designs
- Skilled in hands on prototyping and fine pitch soldering
- Experience in wire harness specification
- MIL SPEC PRF 31032 and/or STD 461 and commercial PCB design practices and standards
- Experience with signal integrity and EMI/EMC design best practices is helpful
- Experience in designing embedded systems involving MCUs, mixed signal circuitry, sensors, and more
- Experience in debugging complex boards that you designed as well as those that you didn’t
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Use the best design tools for work including custom CAD workstations with SpacePilot Pro 3D mice, FirePro GPU’s, and 27" IPS LCD’s
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, and foosball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, located in San Francisco, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.