Electrical Engineer - R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The candidate will work with Battery Engineering Teams to perform a diverse mix of hardware, firmware and software tasks related to the design, development, test, qualification and production support of electronic assemblies used to manage the charge and discharge of Lithium-Ion Batteries. This is an exciting, full task spectrum, A to Z, opportunity, that will enable the individual contributor to exercise their proficiency in all aspects of delivering electronic control systems for battery assemblies used in various Military, Aerospace and commercial applications. Travel is anticipated at 10% to 15% and includes the ability to attend and present at relevant technical conferences.
The core responsibilities of this postion are:
- Develop electrical systems from first concept prototype through validation and qualification testing while also ensuring design compliance with both customer and regulatory agency standards and requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and recommend how those requirements shall be translated into a battery electronics system that meets the customer requirement. This applies to new project initiatives as well as modifications to existing legacy systemsPerform validation efforts for equipment and process changes utilizing IQ/OQ/PQ methodology.
- Perform hardware support tasks including debug of existing assemblies, selection and justification of alternate components or alternate component sources, qualification testing, documentation updates and corrections, and other hardware related tasks as may be required.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business or related discipline, required.
Experience designing Battery Management Systems. Prior Mil – Aerospace Design / Development experience.
Demonstrable analog and digital hardware design skills, a full appreciation for the hardware development process and a full willingness to support full documentation of all design activity in narrative, graphical, technical analysis and product data forms. Be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
Be a strong team player, with the ability to effectively interact with other functional groups.
Experience using hardware analysis tools such as PSPICE, LTSPICE
Experience with system and circuit modelling software (Simulink)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2467