Director of Quality
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
This Head of Quality role will be responsible for; the quality programs and systems necessary to build and run a high performing quality organization, ensuring EaglePicher achieves its quality goals. This individual will ensure our products are delivered with the first-time quality, reliability, and safety that our customers depend on.
- Develop and deploy Quality strategy, programs, and roadmap for the Defense and Aero / Space Strategic Business Units (SBUs) at EaglePicher.
- Build and develop a high performing team that can effectively manage all aspects of the Company's Quality organization: Quality Management System, Quality Assurance, and Operational Quality.
- Partner with organizational leaders to educate and drive quality initiatives, ensure industry best systems and methods, meet quality objectives, troubleshoot manufacturing and production defects, and minimize customer complaints.
- Represent Company with Customers to articulate quality systems, review issues, provide feedback and provide permanent corrective action.
- Guide and work with SBU Quality Leaders, and other functions to develop the roadmap for quality systems.
- Establish and maintain the operational success of Quality Systems, with emphasis on prevention, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction.
- Via management of all internal audit functions, reviews and continuously improve the adequacy and application of quality processes and systems.
- Implement quality systems to ensure product quality and compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain company certifications to AS9100, ISO13485, and ISO9001 as applicable.
- Work as a liaison with Supply Chain Management to ensure that all Suppliers comply with the necessary quality requirements and effectively manage incoming Receiving and Inspection of supplied materials and components.
- Effectively manage key metrics to track the progress of the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Provide Quality direction for required processes linked with our ERP system.
- Bachelors Required or Master’s in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, or other related field
- 10+ years in manufacturing/quality experience in a management role or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Certifications in Quality Systems/Programs work experience, preferred.
- Working experience with DoD and Gov’t contractors
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex customer base and demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in fast pace environment
- High level of technical acumen, organizational and analytical skills; ability to understand and effectively communication matters of battery and energetic materials technology, applications, and performance criteria
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative interactions and influence all organizational levels including those at the senior staff level.
- Possess, model and support highest standards of honesty, integrity, teamwork and accountability
- Familiarity and understanding of quality systems and other compliance related requirements
- Proven experience in building high performing teams - Effective leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, team, individual, written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Strong working knowledge of Statistical data analysis, and ability to analyze data to present information
- A track record of Quality improvement and/or cultural transformation
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1962