Director - Finance Operations
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Finance Director, Operations is responsible for the business finance functions. The role requires leadership, strategic guidance, performance management, strong influencing and negotiation skills, and a strong knowledge of inventory accounting.
- Serve as the finance business partner to Vice President – Operations Finance for the Defense Business Unit by providing primary finance support to the General Manager, Defense and direct reports.
- Assist with developing long-term strategic plans for the business consistent with corporate/business unit goals and objectives.
- Direct, consolidate and administer annual budget preparation and in-year forecasting.
- Direct analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financials compared to forecast, budget and prior year.
- Oversight of actual monthly results, KPIs, commentary along with presentation to executive leadership.
- Translate current and forecasted performance to business actions for improvement with site leadership.
- Perform complex analyses including year-to-year comparisons and margins on new goods and/or services for forecasting and pricing purposes.
- Prepare, review, and/or oversee proposal pricing, as required by business segment
- Partner with and educate internal leaders on budget management to support good understanding of their accountability and ownership.
- Develop new approaches, processes or methods to solve new business problems, act as an agent of change and continuously reevaluate processes.
- Coordinate and evaluate efficiency and procurement initiatives to ensure optimized margins.
- Collaborate with VP Supply Chain in review of standard costing, inventory revaluations, and inventory policies.
- Develop forecasting capabilities to improve visibility of inventory layers.
- Develop, implement and analyze cost analytics, such as standard costing, transfer pricing, and other metrics
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related business discpline required; MBA preferred
- Experience: 10 or more years’ related experience in accounting/finance function, with three years of experience in financial analysis. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required
- S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.