- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a CNC Machinist, you will be responsible for various machine shop duties including programming, setup and operation of most shop equipment. A strong technical background with a machining foundation is required.
- Responsible for programming, set-up and operation of multiple machining areas (turning, milling and tooling) to produce precision metal parts according to required specifications of a production line in a manufacturing organization.
- Read, interpret and follow both basic and complex blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications and other written instructions or procedures to accurately machine parts.
- Perform tool changes, offsets and compensations independently.
- Operate one or more machines efficiently and safely.
- Inspect and verify features according to Quality Inspection Plans (QIP’s) during production.
- Support training efforts on products and processes within the machining department.
- Provide input on new product processing and troubleshoot process issues.
- Achieve applied and earned production rates to standard.
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on CNC equipment.
- Document actions by completing required production documentation and performing ERP transactions.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing department goals.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; clean equipment and area before, during and after shift.
- Adhere to all company safety equipment requirements at all times within all production areas, including required PPE for each department; Safety glasses and safety shoes must be worn at all times within all production areas, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Adhere to EHS, Right to Know and RECRA requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Additional related technical/vocational training and certifications preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with one or more of the following machines/controls and programming software:
- Mastercam, Mazak, Mazatrol, Robodrill, Fanuc, HAAS, Makino, Citizen
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Machine Setups required & CNC Programming (using CAD software) strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of quality control principles.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
- Good working knowledge of measurement devices, tooling, and gages.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Good working knowledge of machine shop mathematics and GD&T.
- Ability to machine parts independently from print to finished product.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 11 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2436