- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies and EaglePicher Electronic Packaging is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Chemical Engineering position will support Plating Activities for our Southbridge, Massachusetts location. This role includes both individual hands-on laboratory activities and cross-functional team efforts.
- Work with the Plating Manager and plating personnel to ensure optimal tank chemistry, plating processing, rack & barrel maintenance and development, solder application processes and waste management and disposal.
- Develop and collaborate to ensure stable plating chemistry.
- Support all aspects of departmental performance.
- Mentor plating technicians to develop their plating skills and abilities.
- Ensure customer quality requirements are reviewed, understood, & met.
- Ensure daily production targets are met.
- Follow work instructions and support the qualification and release of new part processes.
- Make recommendations to the Plating Manager regarding conservation of precious metals and usage.
- Responsible in the development/ testing /optimization and documentation of new processes and equipment
- Instruct and train plating employees on new and existing processes, as requested.
- Collaborate with EHS for the safety and environmental protection requirements support plating. Provide assistance in technical clarification of chemical processing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or a related field required.
- Two or more years’ plating experience in R&D, manufacturing or product development preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, ability to produce publishable technical documents
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Able to work in collaborative team environments
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- 3D CAD modeling knowledge/Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus but not required
- U.S. Persons
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 11 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2672