Chemical Engineer - R&D Intern
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
This Chemical Engineering position will support R&D activities related to electrochemical cell development, including components such as electrodes, new materials and process development, cell design, performance characterization, abuse testing, and failure analysis. This role includes both individual hands-on laboratory activities and cross-functional team efforts.
- Working under the direction and supervision of senior engineers or scientists, you will be able to:
- Understand cell and battery requirements and derive the material and component performance needed to develop a successful product.
- Perform material and component sub-assembly tests to support new cell designs.
- Develop handling and processing methods for new materials used in R&D or production of cells.
- Perform performance characterization, safety testing and failure analysis of various cell designs
- Produce routine internal progress reports as well as formal technical reports for publication.
- Work productively as part of a team including other science and engineering specialties.
- Assist and contribute to development of innovative new products with ideas, concepts, collaboration and intellectual properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or related field required.
- Two or more years’ experience in R&D or product development
- Hands-on experience in the battery industry is preferred
- Experience transferring R&D prototypes to a production environment is preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, ability to produce publishable technical documents
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Able to work in collaborative team environments
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- 3D CAD modeling knowledge/Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus but not required
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.