(Supply Chain, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Category Specialist to join the Supply Chain Team EaglePicher adheres to a comprehensive set of supplier requirements to plan and control parts, materials and services, ensuring that all specifications and contractual requirements are met. From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Category Specialist, you will join the Supply Chain team, and ensure each Business Unit receives the greatest value from the function by effectively negotiating supplier pricing, lead time and delivery, payment terms, and other terms and conditions. You will also achieve cost, quality, and delivery targets for assigned spend categories, and execute long-term agreements with key suppliers.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Create an understanding of strategic categories by gathering market, trend, and price information;
· Complete documentation for purchase orders and new suppliers as required;
· Complete supplier RFX process, developing a clear understanding of product and supplier to ensure desired capabilities exist with that supplier, as well as determine and implement the most economic ordering methods;
· Request quotes for customer contract proposals with guidance from Supply Chain Management leadership;
· Monitor and order assigned material and/or supplies, working closely with Material Planning team; track cost savings and on-time delivery KPIs;
· Contribute to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate policies and procedures;
· Facilitate continuous improvement strategies in accordance with lean supply chain management concepts throughout the organization;
· Develop, communicate, and enforce company policies and procedures for purchasing;
· Effectively communicate the value of Procurement.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain;
· Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
· Be proficient with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
· Be a strong team player who is able to develop and maintain close working internal and external relationships;
· Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
· Possess strong negotiation and organizational skills;
· Display an ability to ensure ethical behavior in dealings with suppliers.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· An understanding of government procurement policies and procedures;
· At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
· Experience with Energy Storage or Government Procurement and Acquisitions.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.