- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Category Specialist will ensure each Business Unit receives the greatest value from the function by effectively negotiating supplier pricing, lead time and delivery, payment terms, and other terms and conditions, while also achieving cost, quality, and delivery targets for assigned spend categories, and execute long-term agreements with key suppliers.
- Create an understanding of strategic categories by gathering market, trend, and price information;
- Complete documentation for purchase orders and new suppliers as required;
- Complete supplier RFX process, developing a clear understanding of product and supplier to ensure desired capabilities exist with that supplier, as well as determine and implement the most economic ordering methods;
- Request quotes for customer contract proposals with guidance from Supply Chain Management leadership;
- Monitor and order assigned material and/or supplies, working closely with Material Planning team; track cost savings and on-time delivery KPIs;
- Contribute to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate policies and procedures;
- Facilitate continuous improvement strategies in accordance with lean supply chain management concepts throughout the organization;
- Develop, communicate, and enforce company policies and procedures for purchasing;
- Effectively communicate the value of Procurement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Engineering, or related field required.
- A moderate amount of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- An understanding of government procurement policies and procedures preferred
- Experience with Energy Storage or Government Procurement and Acquisitions preferred
- U.S Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.