(Supply Chain, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Category Manager to join the Supply Chain Team! EaglePicher adheres to a comprehensive set of supplier requirements to plan and control parts, materials and services, ensuring that all specifications and contractual requirements are met. From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Category Manager, you will join the Supply Chain team, and engage and influence internal leaders and stakeholders to ensure alignment of company-wide strategies. You will also lead collaborative, cross-functional teams to analyze spend, develop and implement spend management strategies, and proactively manage the supply base within given commodities.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Develop and maintain deep industry and commercial knowledge for the responsible categories, including supplier knowledge and capabilities, industry best practices, cost drivers, commercial terms, and industry contacts. ;
· Execute category strategy including capturing internal requirements, publishing RFI/RFP/RFQs, review and score supplier proposals, develop negotiations strategy, conduct supplier negotiations, develop comprehensive agreements, finalize contracts in partnership with Legal team, and lead/assist with program implementation;
· Continually manage supplier relationships to improve customer satisfaction. Utilize key performance indicators (KPIs) to quickly identify and resolve critical issues, leverage supplier expertise and innovation for productivity and improvements;
· Develop and implement spend management strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiation strategy for best total cost of ownership, vendor managed inventories, inventory reduction programs, lead time improvements, security of supply by understanding supply/demand, supplier diversity, risk management, continuous improvement, and procurement/engineering collaboration;
· Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with suppliers, key internal stakeholders, customers (in some cases) and category team members;
· Implement a rigorous and disciplined process for managing the supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans;
· Implement corporate & divisional initiatives to meet desired business goals/objectives;
· Articulate contract standards and specifications, and enforce compliance.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations and/or Engineering;
· Have at least 3 years’ experience in commodity management/sourcing with expertise in strategic sourcing, spend management, and supplier management processes and activities;
· Be willing to travel up to 30% of the time;
· Be willing to subject yourself to a government security investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information;
· Be proficient with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
· Be a strong team player who is able to develop and maintain close working internal and external relationships;
· Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· A Master’s degree;
· CPSM/APICS Certification;
· Previous experience in a Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager role;
· 4+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, spend management, negotiation, supplier relationship management & supplier performance management processes & activities;
· Experience in Aerospace, Medical, or Defense Industry spaces;
· Experience in sourcing complex assemblies for DoD Prime Contracts with FAR/DFAR application;
· Experience in negotiating and resolving complex supply agreements;
· Previous work experience with and knowledge of Kanban, VMI/Consignment Programs, Kaizen, 5S, and other Lean/Continuous Improvement manufacturing techniques;
· MRP System experience with Major Platform system;
· Successful mastery of Material Productivity/Cost Savings Goals & Processes.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.