- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest range of battery systems in the world for the most demanding applications. We develop leading-edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, aircraft fly farther, rockets launch safely and satellites operate longer. With our cutting-edge research and manufacturing, we continue to set new standards in the industry. For 100 years, we have provided mission-critical power solutions to the defense, aviation and space markets. EaglePicher’s batteries power more than 85 percent of U.S. missile and munition programs and are a key component of the U.S. space program, powering the Mars Rovers and the next crewed mission to the moon. EaglePicher provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize our vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we will give you the opportunity to harness all that is within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher is headquartered in St. Louis, MO with manufacturing and research and development facilities in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and in Southbridge, MA.
For more information visit www.eaglepicher.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Automation Engineer position will work within our Automated Production Systems team to design, model and procure the process modules needed to support automated production lines.
Ongoing Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, lead, and coordinate automation projects to improve manufacturing process safety, productivity, and quality
- Work with site leaders and stakeholders to identify automation opportunities, develop ROI, and execute projects
- Write detailed automation and equipment specifications to drive the vendor RFP, selection, and validation process
- Manage projects from concept and selection through implementation and validation
- Work with procurement to establish a go-to automation vendor list and select best vendors for specific projects
- Visit vendors and attend tradeshows to stay current on automation technology
- Ensure automation technology and best practices are leveraged across multiple sites
- Support product and manufacturing engineering teams in improving product designs and processes for automation
- Work with IT and Controls Engineering teams to integrate machines and process data into the MES
- Excellent communication skills; internal and external at all levels
- Assertive and schedule-driven
- Project management in team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering or related field required
- U.S. Persons
- Experience leading high value capital projects to drive process improvement and meet operational goals
- Experience specifying, selecting, implementing, and validating equipment
- Experience working with and managing external automation vendors, OEM’s, contractors, etc.
- Experience with automation components/controls, PLC’s / HMI’s, robotics, sensors and vision inspection
- Working knowledge of CAD software, including 3D Solid modeling
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, working with internal and external resources at all levels
- High energy, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; team work spirit is essential
- Willingness to work projects at multiple sites within a 30 mile radius
- Willingness to travel to venders and other EP sites as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process automation or related role, including project management
- Machine design experience
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC and HMI software and hardware
- Experience with Cognex and Keyence vision inspection systems
- Experience with IQ, OQ, PQ process validation
- Automation standards experience a plus (i.e. ISA)
- Certified Automation Professional a plus
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2572