Associate Program Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Program Management
As an Associate Program Manager with EaglePicher Technologies you will assist the Program Manager in achieving program deliverables and provide support to the organization's strategic direction. This role is located at our East Greenwich, Rhode Island facility. EaglePicher is a leading manufacturer of various battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and medical devices. Our customers include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. Our products make a difference, and our customers demand the best!
Your core responsibilities involve providing direct support to the military aviation business unit Program Manager, and will entail administrative, clerical, and business process design activities. This is a junior position, requiring 1-3 years experience.
- Support Program Manager in preparing customer progress reports and document deliverables
- Liaison / coordinate with various technical resource teams including mechanical, software, hardware, chemistry, and manufacturing to ensure adherence to program plans /schedules
- Assist in budgeting and financial forecasting
- Contribute in statement of work (SOW) and technical proposal development and submission
- Help create, streamline, and improve business processes and standardized work flows
- Contribute to building and maintaining program dashboards across multiple sites
- Manage dashboards with intent of helping key stakeholders quickly review performance, identify issues, and track recovery actions
- Communicate weekly program progress, key performance indicators (KPI), and dashboard summaries consolidated from multiple internal/external sites
- Contribute to the development of a Project Management tool box to standardize program management within the business unit
- Serve as a resource that integrates teams, identifies gaps in activities, and catalyze implementation
- Work with functional departments to clearly define and communicate business processes
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a STEM BA or BS degree with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Have 1 – 3 years of project management experience
- Be experienced developing and implementing stage gate processes
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to contractual requirements
- Be skilled in Microsoft Office suite, very strong Excel and Microsoft Project capability
- Have a keen interest in business operations and learning new processes
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- Program Management training, PMP certified
- BA or BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- Working experience in a product development environment and understanding product development lifecycle
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.