- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC & EaglePicher Electronic Packaging, we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO, Seneca, MO, Pittsburg, KS, East Greenwich, RI and our Electronic Packaging division in Southbridge, MA. We are ISO9001:2015, and AS9100D certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is located at our SOUTHBRIDGE, MA. facility and may be filled on the first, second or third shift, depending upon the ideal candidate. An integral member of the production team, the Assembler will use technical directives, work instructions, blueprints & schematics to build to specification, critical components for batteries used for aerospace, defense and commercial aviation applications. This position will also liaise with engineers on troubleshooting and process improvements.
- Assemble or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces, or products using a variety or tools and equipment
- Collect materials and equipment needed to begin assembly process
- Perform inspections and measure parts using basic measuring tools
- Achieve applied and earned production rates to standard and communicate issues that could cause unfavorable rates
- Perform basic preventative maintenance, as trained, for required tools and equipment
- Document actions by completing required production documentation, both written and electronic
- Working as part of team, accomplish department goals
- Adhere to company safety requirements and wear PPE as directed / required
- Read, interpret and follow detailed instruction to complete the highest quality product
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate
To succeed in this position:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of mechanical assembly experience is preferred
- Familiarity with ISO9001, AS9100 standards for quality control preferred
- Strong technical, mechanical, and or electrical aptitude
- Fine motor skills, and the ability to work with small parts and components
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal and written) and highly organized
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Able to work flexible hours when required
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 11 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status as a veteran, pregnancy and related conditions, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2553