Applications Engineer, Lithium-Ion Technologies
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Applications Engineer will focus on the latest technologies and growing new business for the Defense and Aerospace market(s) within EaglePicher’s areas of strategic focus.
The successful candidate will engage with Aerospace and Defense customers who design and build advanced products such as aircraft, satellites, unmanned systems, and missiles. As an engineer/scientist and expert in your field, you will support a customer aligned technical organization with multiple technical disciplines who imagine and create the technical solutions to customer requirements. The Engineer supports the Applications Engineering and Business Development teams through applied technology in specific areas of expertise, designed to demonstrate EaglePicher competence and expertise as a leading technology supplier to challenging engineered products.
- APPLICATION ENGINEERING - Customer design support and problem solving; Customer-focused solutions and opportunities; Customer training and onsite assistance
- TECHNICAL PROPOSALS – System concepts and technical solutions; Detailed/well written technical write-ups; Timing and resource assessments; Cost and feasibility assessments; Validate alignment with A3, AOP, STRAP and SBU direction
- TECHNICAL CONFERENCE PRESENCE – Technical conference attendance; Assess technical presentations by competition; Present EP technical papers; Provide view of industry’s technical direction and future needs
- Work with SVP/GM, Engineering, Program Management, and Contracts organizations to develop and implement growth plan(s) within targeted markets
- Participate in the formation and execution of select market strategies based on data, trends, and knowledge of customers, products, and competitors
- Define opportunities and tailor technology solutions and products to new and existing customers
- Gain detailed customer knowledge to ensure understanding of customer needs and decision-making processes.
- Prepare and deliver Executive Management pursue-no-pursue or bid/no bid decisions
- Convey up to date competitor and market intelligence to influence new product development or customer alignment
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Arrange and participate in, internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association trade events and conferences.
- Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to relocate to East Greenwich, RI
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (technical degree highly preferred: electrical, chemical, systems engineering or related discipline); MBA desired
- Minimum of 5 years proven technical, business development, sales experience in Defense applications/markets
- Some Understanding of Tier 2 defense contractors and associated suppliers and their aerospace or defense products
- Initial experience or proven track record of leading customer programs, profitable sales growth, successful customer account management including new business development opportunities across a wide range of customers and end use applications
- Position requires occasional travel to customer locations, conferences and other EaglePicher facilities.
- Effectively present information and respond promptly (peers, managers, clients, customer needs).
- Excellent problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to address expeditiously and pragmatically
- Autonomous and self motivated: action-oriented with demonstrated success in achieving established goals such as new business development for both new and existing accounts
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex customer base and adaptive/perceptive to continuous changes in fast pace environment
- High level of technical potential, organizational and analytical skills; ability to understand and effectively communicate matters of battery technology, applications, and performance criteria
- Critical Thinking: Ability to identify specific customer challenges and needs with the technical acumen, creativity, and adaptive approach to work thru them, both technically and in a business relationship
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as CRM Systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative interactions and influence all organizational levels.
- Possess, model and support highest standards of honesty, integrity, teamwork and accountability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.