Analytical Lab Technician
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Analytical lab technicians are responsible for all testing to materials that go into EaglePicher devices. They perform the first quality checks to ensure only good materials make it to the production lines. Accurate test results are critical to minimizing device failures in testing and in the field.
About the Position:
The technician will support production by performing standard tests on battery materials. R&D will be supported by characterization of new materials/processes and development of new analytical methods. Technician must be proficient working with analytical equipment and have a well demonstrated record of safe laboratory processes.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Chemical and or physical analysis of cell and battery materials and parts
- Wet chemistry procedures / processes
- Operation and routine maintenance of analytical equipment, including DCP, BET and PSA
- Report analytical results to Operations and QA to ensure product quality and maintain production flow
- Provide accurate, timely and complete reports of analytical results to be used for Go/NoGo decisions on parts and materials
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Posess an AS, BA or BS in Chemistry or a related science
- Have 2-4 years experience in an analytical chemical lab, experience with wet chemistry, handling of chemicals, and understand standard chemical hygeine practices
- Be proficient with MS office programs, including Word and Excel
- Have experience with HAZMAT materials and handling processes
- Be a self-starter and schedule-driven
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information
- Have the ability to work independently
- Ability to be respirator certified and wear an M99 mask for some operations
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have prior analytical lab equipment experience
- Be a U.S. Citizen (required by contract)
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Measurement and instrumentation experience
- Experience with manufacturing and quality systems
- Strong mathematical ability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.