EaglePicher Technologies LLC a battery industry leader and producer of batteries for the defense space and commercial industries is seeking 1 (one) Laser Welder for the East Greenwich, RI facility.
Laser Welding Associate will perform a variety of tasks required to assemble Li-Ion Batteries. Including cell and cover assembly using a variety of welding techniques comprising of laser beam welding, resistance spot welding, percussive arc welding) TIG welding and final inspection. Attention to detail is critical on each step of the process to ensure extremely high reliability and the quality that Eagle Picher has become known for. Each job function requires good dexterity to handle the small components. All operations will be performed in a clean and dry environment. Must be capable and willing to spend up to eight hours per day in an extremely dry environment while wearing clean room gear (coveralls, hair net, mask, gloves, etc.).
· Welding skills including Laser Beam Welding, Resistance Spot Welding, TIG Welding and Percussive Arc Welding with cell assembly of small components.
· Able to use simple hand tools and basic electrical power tools.
· Knowledge of standard shop measuring devices such as calipers and balance scale.
· Works with chemicals and materials used in the production area.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment and follow all company safety rules and regulations.
· Manufacturing experience preferred.
· High School Diploma or GED (2 year technical degree desired)
· Associates in Science Preferred
· LBW or RSW certification desired for weld associates
· Proficient in the English language -speaking and writing
· Basic math skills
· Proficient in use of MS Windows, Word and Excel
· Detail oriented
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent record of attendance and reliability
· Willingness to participate in and maintain a spirit of teamwork
· Experience with PLC operated equipment highly desirable
· Experience in cell assembly of Li-Ion or other similar chemistry highly desirable
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Must possess demonstrated ability to implement change and be results-focused.
· Must possess excellent organizational and team working/building skills.
· Ability to effectively utilize available resources.
· The cell being manufactured is a small component. Good dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail required.
· Operations are performed in a clean- dry room with appropriate clothing. Must be able to work in these environment/conditions.
· All steps and data capture use Plex. A working knowledge of Plex is preferred.
· Many process steps are performed under a microscope. Ability to use microscope is required.
· Job is performed primarily in a seated position. May require occasional standing
· Some lifting, not sustained. Individual should be capable of intermittent lifting of up to 25 lbs. without injury.
· Allergies to any chemicals used in the production process will exclude the individual from this position
· Must be capable of wearing protective clothing as required by the process
· Vision requirement: Near and Far; correctable to 20/20.
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship program.
EaglePicher is proud to be an EEO/AA employer (male, female, disabled and veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing