(Test Engineering, Crossroads Facility)
Eagle-Picher is searching for Test Technicians to join our team at our Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO!
These positions will work either a Week Evening (T-SA 4:00p-12:00a) or Week Night (T-SA 12:00a-8:00a) schedule.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will support production by performing daily tests on battery materials. In this position, you must be proficient in working with advanced analytical equipment and possess a well demonstrated record of safe laboratory practices. You will also support equipment in terms of repairs and diagnostics, so a successful candidate will possess good mechanical aptitude, as well as an acceptable knowledge of electronics and electric circuits.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Verify test equipment operation, perform testing on product, and review data.
- Perform mechanical and/or electrical testing of materials, devices, and products as well as test fixtures and general refrigeration related test equipment maintenance.
- Review test procedures provided by Engineering for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine the appropriate test configuration, equipment set up, and test check out prior to testing customer hardware.
- Review test data to determine out of specification anomaly or failures.
- Support Test Lab Engineer in Continuous Improvement projects related to Test Lab processes and all equipment.
- Assist the configuration and interface of related Test Controllers and cooling devices.
- Comply with quality systems procedures as required.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Possess excellent computer skills, with strength in Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess an excellent record of attendance and reliability.
- Be able to work overtime as needed.
- Be detail-oriented to accurately review data and document problem resolutions.
- Have the ability to multitask, communicate well, and train others as needed.
- Be a strong team player who is able to interface with a variety of groups.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent education related to Electronics and Basic Electricity.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.