Test Development Engineer - R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The successful candidate will be a key contributor in hands on design and testing of Lithium-Ion battery power systems. As a Test Development Engineer with EaglePicher Technologies you will join our Research and Development team as a key contributor in hands on design and testing of Lithium-Ion battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. You will perform a diverse mix of test and validation tasks related to the design, development, test, qualification and production support of electronic assemblies used to manage the charge and discharge of Lithium-Ion Batteries.
The Test Development Engineer position will support R&D functions for EaglePicher test facilities in all areas of Quality represented by AS9100, ISO2001 and ISO13485. This position will be responsible for specifying new product test equipment by understanding new products in Development. The person will be responsible for creating test design documentation including test instruction, specifications and verifications plans. The position will work as a Liaise with both development teams and production teams with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures.
- Plan, conduct, and document engineering tests on electronics and other electrical hardware
- Determine the best method of achieving the highest test coverage using different test processes
- Interpret test specifications and execute test procedures to satisfy program test verification objectives
- Contribute to the company’s production engineering objective with regard to new product introduction, process improvement and manufacturing
- Work integrally with electrical hardware and dynamic test equipment and Environmental Test Lab staff to communicate technical ideas for accomplishing environmental testing involving vibration, shock, altitude, acceleration and temperature/humidity testing.
- Participate in the resolution of hardware problems or process non-compliances working with supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Production.
- Strong experience in system integration testing
- Review test data to determine out of specification anomalies or failures.
- Support other Quality and Lab functions related to testing as required to maintain production schedules.
- Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to improve or recommend test facility layout and process flow.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or technology related field preferred – Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with test labs, production supervisors, program managers and customer representatives to support the timing and accuracy of all testing activities.
- Moderate experience in a similar role preferred.
- A strong practical electrical and/or mechanical background preferred
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.