Supplier Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
As a Supplier Quality Engineer with EaglePicher Technologies in our East Greenwich, Rhode Island facility, you will play a central role in assessing supplier quality and ensuring that products received are free of defects. Supplier Quality is essential! EaglePicher is a leading manufacturer of various battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and medical devices. Our customers are include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. Our products make a difference, and our customers demand the best!
- Work with suppliers to develop improvement plans to improve supplier performance.
- Manage customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers.
- Champion supplier problem solving and root cause analysis activities to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- Conduct supplier validation audits to ensure compliance to EPT & customer requirements.
- Support SCM strategic sourcing projects.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that adequate controls are in place to comply with established requirements.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier isssues.
- Utilize supplier scorecards and analytical tools will quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with suppliers to develop improvement plans to improve supplier performance.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Error Proofing, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
To succeed in this position, the candidate will:
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (contractually required).
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in a technical field.
- Have at least 5 years of Quality or Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Be able to travel domestically & internationally , as required (up to 35%.)
- Process excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Have strong audit experience.
- Have working knowledge of the AS9100 Quality System
- Have extensive experience with problem solving , Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action determination.
- Be proficient in reading Engineering drawings & GD&T
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1444