Sr. Technical Project Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
As a Sr. Technical Project Engineer with EaglePicher Technologies you will join our Research and Development team as a key leader in hands on design, prototyping and commercialization of thermal battery power systems used for Defense projects and more. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the product development process and will be able to lead and conduct development and implementation of new technologies and products with a strong foundation in the electrochemical cell development and manufacturing scale-up. This position will coordinate multiple functions to deliver these products to a wide variety of commercial and military customers such NASA, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing General Electric and many others. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers at all levels of system design/development, components, quality engineering. To apply you must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
What can EaglePicher Technologies do for you?
- Come and grow with a company that is rapidly expanding into new battery solution spaces for aircraft electrification, hybrid power systems and satellites.
- Become a part of the evolution of lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology, and other novel battery chemistry system solutions to positively impact our environment.
- Directly impact the development of the most differentiated, disruptive and value-added battery system technologies in the industry
- Collaborate with a word-class team on leading-edge innovation for energy and power sources.
- Gain experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams, in commercial and military markets.
- Engage in an environment where teams embrace and celebrate inclusion and diversity
What can you do for EaglePicher Technologies?
- Support product and project definition for new electrochemical cells and battery systems
- Gather and interpret customer requirements, translating them into product specifications
- Assess and negotiate product specification tradeoffs with design teams and customers
- Design and develop highly complex models or simulations for tradeoff analysis and inputs into commercial models
- Provide complete documentation to support product development process and customer requirements
- Develop System Requirements Documents (SRDs) and support development of other Engineering Requirements Documents (ERDs) to be leveraged by the functional disciplinary teams (electrical, mechanical, software, manufacturing)
- Define critical deliverables and interface points between the functional teams to ensure delivery of quality technical product from early prototyping all the way to production
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical leadership while communicating effectively in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment
- Interface with R&D, Engineering, Business Development, Program Management, Quality, and Operations to support project deliverables and new product release
- 10-20% travel is expected between EaglePicher facilities as well our customers and partners.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in related engineering field (Chemical, Mechanical) with 7+ years of experience with energy and power sources, preferably in lithium-ion rechargeables
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- Experience with project definition documentation – specification documents, requirements documents, schedules and budgets, risk matrices, and FMEA.
- Experience bringing new products to market: design, development, and test methodologies
- Experience working effectively with different internal organizations and customers around the world
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problem solving
- Strong experience in complex system integrations
- Experience dealing with revisions to requirements and schedule in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Differentiating skills and certifications:
- Cell design and battery development
- MS in Chemical Engineering
- Worked in AS-9100, ISO-9001, DoD, MIL-STD related regulatory environments
- Project management experience (MS Project or similar)
- This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management
- In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have / be:
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Solid problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE:
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- Paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.