Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer
(Research and Development, Yardney Facility)
EaglePicher’s Yardney Facility in East Greenwich, RI is in need of a Sr. Systems Engineer to join the Research and Development Team! EaglePicher’s research and development center is equipped with advanced processing equipment, sophisticated characterization tools, and modeling capability for in-depth understanding of battery science.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze military, aerospace, and commercial customer requirements for Li-ion battery systems and Hybrid Li-ion systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer will also co-ordinate and participate in various design functions necessary to create and implement a battery or hybrid battery system design that meets the customer requirement, and serve as primary technical interface to the customer from system conception through system certification, delivery and customer integration to end use.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Adhere to EaglePicher core vision, values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Serve as primary technical interface to the customer through the development, delivery, and support of a battery system or hybrid battery system.
- Perform system design tasks using appropriate system development tools.
- Interact and work with a team of electrical, mechanical, computer, project management and other diverse engineering resources to ensure system development to meet the customer requirement.
- Identify system test requirements and work with the development team to implement necessary test equipment and procedures.
- Lead the certification of battery systems to commercial and/or military standards for performance, life, EMI, etc, as required by the customer requirement.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Have 7+ years of experience in research and/or development with emphasis on battery technology or the electrical, mechanical and thermal aspects of power systems.
- Have prior Energy Storage/Battery system experience.
- Have experience with Military or Commercial Electronics certification standards.
- Have relevant systems engineering experience.
- Show demonstrated experience in evaluating new technologies and business opportunities.
- Possess excellent communication skills, internal and external (customer focused).
- Be able to maintain relevant (secret) security clearance for working on government contracts.
- Be able to travel to other facilities as needed (up to 20%).
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering, with a concentration in Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with military aviation requirements.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11142