Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
EaglePicher Technologies is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer for developing safety critical software systems. This position has the responsibility to work in both embedded and desktop software environments to deliver mission critical solution to customers. Come join the team to build next generation software designs for cutting edge lithium ion battery management systems and integrated power solutions that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. This position will receive mentoring for professional growth. EaglePicher Technologies offers a flexible work schedule.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develops embedded systems software for reading sensors (voltage, current, temperature, etc.) and controlling actuators for safety critical systems.
- Develops user interface manuals for customers based on their needs.
- Documents software requirements specifications in compliance with the software requirements standard.
- Documents software design documents in compliance with the software design standard.
- Creates source code following product software coding standards including static and dynamic analysis.
- Produces integration and unit testing of delivered source code.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice and coaching in technical reviews.
- Participate in safety and cybersecurity risk analysis.
- Participate in the maintenance of the EaglePicher software development process.
- Protects customer and corporate operations by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing hardware by enrolling in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Prior hands on experience as a seasoned Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics, Masters degree preferred
- Delivered desktop applications with user manuals to internal and/or external customers with release notes
- Delivered embedded applications with interface manuals to internal and/or external customers with release notes
- Expert ability in
- C/C++ for embedded systems software
- C# for desktop software development
- Object Oriented Design
- Created and performed formal unit testing and integration testing of delivered software
- Working experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Ability to create requirements and design documents utilizing Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience with an Application Lifecycle Management System
- Exposure to Modeling tools such as Simulink
- Participated in definition and/or maintenance of corporate software development process
- Working knowledge of Java, Python
- Working experience in a regulated environment
- Working experience with Battery Management Systems software development
- Experience working with Software Test Engineers for creating a software test framework
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.