Sr. Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? EaglePicher is developing state of the art, hybrid, lithium ion battery systems with integrated power systems for the next generation of spacecraft, aircraft, ships and weapons systems. As a Sr. Quality Engineer, you will work to ensure EaglePicher delivers only the highest quality mission critical, high technology, state of the art batteries for medical, defense and aerospace applications.
Our technologies power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, ships, and save lives by powering implantable medical devices; WE ARE GROWING and hiring for our EAST GREENWICH, RHODE ISLAND LOCATION.
We are seeking the placement of a highly organized and effective candidate for the role of Sr. Quality Engineer for our Defense Products Business Unit with the primary responsibility of ensuring program compliance to our customer’s contractual and regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with our internal quality management system.
- Management of program quality requirements to ensure successful and timely completion of the organization’s plans, projects, and customer commitments
- Develop strong working relationships within the organization, suppliers and customers
- Establish and oversee effective quality systems throughout the entire product life cycle
- Functional knowledge of AS9100:D and ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- Audit compliance to quality system and customer program requirements while driving expeditious and effective resolution of any nonconformance’s
- Management of the collection, evaluation, and reporting of identified company KPI’s
- Drive timely resolution of issues, either internal or external, by utilizing effective and proven problem solving techniques
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Bachelors in Engineering, Industrial Management or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in quality assurance, with experience in quality management within a manufacturing company
- Preferred quality experience within a Defense or Aerospace manufacturing environment
- Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to effectively delegate and utilize available resources for timely resolution of tasks
- Have experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Professional certification considered a plus (ASQ, CQE, CQM)
- Must possess demonstrated ability to implement change and be results focused
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) required
- Be a strong team player, with the ability to effectively interact with other functional groups
- Occasional / infrequent travel may required
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance from day one!
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K with vesting on day one
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.