Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
(Research and Development, Yardney Facility)
EaglePicher’s Yardney Facility in East Greenwich, RI is in need of a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join the Research and Development Team! EaglePicher’s research and development center is equipped with advanced processing equipment, sophisticated characterization tools, and modeling capability for in-depth understanding of battery science.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this job is to manage engineering functions in the design of Li-ion batteries and systems. The role will include mechanical design, mechanical design validation (Finite Element Analysis, test), process support and customer interaction.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Adhere to EaglePicher’s core vision, values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Develop new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement, and create new designs.
- Plan/develop engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
- Provide management with technical guidance as required.
- Identify and procure the appropriate process equipment including cost analysis and tracking.
- Investigate, develop and implement new process technologies of major scope.
- Maintain liaison with individuals and business units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Be a subject matter expert in engineering specialty/application.
- Supervise lower level engineers or technicians if necessary.
- Travel to test sites and other facilities as needed (up to 20%).
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Have 5+ years of experience in research and development with emphasis on battery technology or the mechanical and thermal aspects of power system.
- Be proficient in with SolidWorks and Finite Element Analysis (thermal and structural).
- Have a proven track record of success in cultivating technical relationships in the defense and aerospace sectors of portable power.
- Have or obtain relevant security clearance (secret) for working on government contracts.
- Show proven experience in evaluating new technology and business opportunities, and display excellent communication skills internal and external (customer focused).
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Six-Sigma and DFM techniques.
- The ability to operate a mill (Bridgeport).
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11141