Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for performing design, development and qualification of cell and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Execute battery development projects from the first concept prototype stage through further development, validation/qualification testing, and ending in a CDR and hand-off to Operations. Evaluate materials, assembly processes, battery design configurations, and other battery parameters with Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology. Develop critical understanding of battery performance for a given application.
- Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations. Interact with customers on a regular basis. Deliver initial batteries to customers.
- Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
- Prepare assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
- Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality for new product introductions.Reduce cost of product and prepare cost estimates.
- Support all development phases including design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing / Engineering technology, or related discipline.
- 5-10 years’ experience in R&D, or Product Development. An understanding of battery product design and processing is desired.
- Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus.
- Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods will be helpful.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.