Sr. Material Scientist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The Technical Business Development Group requires a very well rounded individual capable of evaluating all technology aspects from materials to systems. This position will provide expert representation of EP technologies and capabilities and provide EaglePicher customers with up front assistance and quality responses while promoting EP in industry as the technology leader. In addition to understanding the feasibility and business aspects of an opportunity, they must also understand the impact on current resources demand and allocation. This position will help develop tools to determine the resource types and availability as well as impact on current projects.
- APPLICATION ENGINEERING - Customer design support and problem solving; Customer training and onsite assistance
- TECHNICAL PROPOSALS – System concepts and technical solutions; Detailed/well written technical write-ups; Timing and resource assessments; Cost and feasibility assessments; Validate alignment with A3, AOP, STRAP and SBU direction
- TECHNICAL CONFERENCE PRESENCE – Technical conference attendance; Assess technical presentations by competition; Present EP technical papers; Provide view of industry’s technical direction and future needs
- TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS – Scientific Journals; Tech articles in tech magazines; Develop and maintain ties with academia
- TECHNICAL VISION AND GUIDANCE – Provide guidance on industry direction; Provide assessment on future technologies; Generate/maintain technology roadmaps
- Minimum of a BS in Engineering or other scientific/technical field with commensurate experience required; higher level degrees considered in lieu of experience
- Significant Program Management and P&L responsibilities for Technology Development projects preferred
- Minimum of ten years of experience in related role in a technology manufacturing environment preferred; higher level degrees considered in lieu of experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Project)
- Experience with battery design and battery management systems highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills including detailed documentation of test results required
- Advanced degree preferred
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.