Sr. EHS Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Health & Safety
The EHS Manager – Sr. will manage all aspects of health, safety and environmental issues for one or more assigned EaglePicher facilities and serve as a subject matter expert. The EHS Manager - Sr will develop a systematic and organized approach to following and complying to safety and environmental regulations, aggressively manage workers’ compensation and property risk. An integral member of the leadership team that drives the success of the business through a safety-oriented culture and ultimately lowering the number of safety incidents and near misses. This position may have supervisory responsibility for other EHS professionals and works to establish best practices across company.
- Performs many essential functions such as: creating a safe work environment, managing workers’ compensation and property risk, training individuals, monitoring work environment for safety risks, recommending corrective actions and assisting with implementation.
• Responsible for knowing and driving compliance with all Federal, State and Local environmental standards and regulations for multiple facilities, processes, hazards, states, materials, etPerforms many essential functions such as: creating a safe work environment, managing workers’ compensation and property risk, training individuals, monitoring work environment for safety risks, recommending corrective actions and assisting with implementation.
• Responsible for knowing and driving compliance with all Federal, State and Local environmental standards and regulations for multiple facilities, processes, hazards, states, materials, etc.
• Responsible for knowing and implementing Department of Defense explosive safety regulations under DOD 4145.26-M. Experience with safe explosives handling is preferred.
• Builds an engaged team of EHS professionals and business partners, that drives a safety-oriented culture through the design and implementation of safety programs and training. Creates a proactive strategy to prevent safety incidents, raise awareness, increase engagement, lower incident rates and drive change.
• Writes, implements, manages and communicates best in class EHS programs, policies and procedures and ensures adoption of them across facilities, as applicable.
• Develops a strategy and schedule for EHS meetings and training sessions as well as leads them.
• Establishes and maintains methodologies and strategies that help institute safety awareness and culture such as regular Gemba walks on the manufacturing floor.
• Completes and maintains relevant EHS / documentation for assigned facilities/ areas of responsibility.
• Assists with design and installation of environmental, safety and manufacturing equipment to ensure safe and environmentally sound facilities.
• Conducts compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support health, safety and environmental management.
• May respond to emergency situations during standard work hours and after hours for the purpose of remediating EHS concern. Assists in emergency response and provides first aid treatment, as necessary.
• Conducts detailed investigations, root cause analysis as well as makes resolutions and recommendations.
• Identifies opportunities for and leads corrective actions and continuous improvement activities.
• Maintains positive and proactive relations internally as well as with customers and regulatory agencies.
• Determines and makes recommendations on how to best source, utilize, maintain, modify and procure necessary resources to meet needs across multiple facilities.
• Teaches and provides mentorship to more junior employees. Provides guidance, assistance, oversight and decision making authority for subordinate personnel and production related issues within area; consulting supervisor as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in Health and Safety or related discipline required.
• 40 hour HAZWOPPER, CPR/First Aid, HAZMAT Ground Shipper (DOT) preferred
• Advanced experience in a responsible environmental, health, and safety position with previous leadership experience
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation laws and best practices
• U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.