Senior Technical Project Manager (Power Electronics R&D)
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands-on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Sr. Technical Project Manager with an Electrical Engineering background and all the process, and communication skills required of a project manager. As a Sr. Technical Project Manager at our rapid prototyping and R&D facility, you will be a key member of the R&D Team. You will directly contribute to the design and prototyping of lithium ion battery systems, as well as power electronics used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more. You will interface with Eaglepicher’s leadership team, provide direction for day to day activities of the assigned engineering staff, and be a primary touch point to our customers including NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and other Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Director of Engineering
Your core responsibilities will be technical project and program management for products ranging from li-ion battery systems, new BMS electronics and to power conversion (DC/DC, AC/DC) products. An ability and passion to lead and support design along with hands on prototype fabrication of new systems is essential. You will serve as a key adviser to management, mentor other project managers and engineers, drive the schedule, and be responsible for risk resolution and scope management for all programs under your leadership. Other responsibilities include:
- Establish and define clear product requirements, specification development
- Develop and track overall project schedules with a proven track record in resolving critical path items
- Act as first line decision maker for complex project issues with quick escalation input when needed
- Track and prioritize program and product risks in an organized and methodical way (JIRA, etc.)
- Understand complex technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across engineering, operations, validation/testing, sales, and vendors to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Motivate and inspire team members to accomplish key project goals and objectives
- Work with Engineering leaders to create clear resource plan for the program based on schedule and technological development
- Create and control detailed budgets for the project and track costs and revenue targets closely using Earned Value Management or other tools
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of all engineering builds at in-house production facilities or suppliers (PCBAs, sub systems, full delivered systems)
- Prototype/first article build documentation, tracking and issue resolution
- Troubleshoot design level and prototyping problems quickly and efficiently
- Develop and implement best practices for change control, BOM management, and issue tracking
- Serve as primary point of contact and interface with customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident required due to contractual requirements
- BS in Engineering with background and comprehensive understanding in electronics in complex system based products required, MS in Engineering or Management desired
- 6+ years of overall engineering experience and 3+ years of recent project leadership of any sufficiently complex system based products
- Passion for hands-on prototyping with intuitive grasp of fundamentals including basic circuits, embedded systems, mechanical engineering
- Experience in prototyping or R&D environments
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety, OR Project leadership experience in a Department of Defense (DoD), BMS or Aerospace environment highly desired.
- Highly driven personality with an ability to motivate engineering and operations teams, as well as ‘influence management’ skills such as conflict resolution
- Ability to function as program / project leader on one or more projects while maintaining multiple overall project schedules
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of business concepts and principles associated with project cost and forecasting (prefer to include Earned Value Management System)
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, and foosball
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits
- Life, AD&D
- Matching 401k
- Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. We provide the most experience and the broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, centrally located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.