Senior Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
The Senior Systems Engineer / Manager, will be a hands-on-leader,
analyzing military, aerospace, and commercial customer requirements for Li-ion battery systems and Hybrid Li-ion systems. The leader will co-ordinate and participate in various design functions necessary to create and implement a battery or hybrid battery system design that meets customer requirements and will serve as primary technical interface to the customer from system conception through system certification, delivery and customer integration to end use.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Adhere to EaglePicher core vision, values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Lead and mentor East Greenwich EE/SE team.
- Serve as primary technical interface to the customer through the development, delivery, and support of a battery system or hybrid battery system.
- Perform system design tasks using appropriate system development tools.
- Interact and work with a team of electrical, mechanical, computer, project management and other diverse engineering resources to ensure system development to meet the customer requirement.
- Identify system test requirements and work with the development team to implement necessary test equipment and procedures.
- Lead the certification of battery systems to commercial and/or military standards for performance, life, EMI, etc, as required by the customer.
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder required due to contractual requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. A technical background in electronics or mechanical systems is preferred.
7+ years of experience in research and/or development with emphasis on battery technology or the electrical, mechanical and thermal aspects of power systems.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to positively motivate a team
- Prior Energy Storage/Battery system experience.
- Experience with Military or Commercial Electronics certification standards.
- Relevant systems engineering experience.
Experience with military aviation requirements is preferred.
Demonstrated experience in evaluating new technologies and business opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills internal and external (customer focused.
- Occasional travel required - up to 20%.
- Must have a good understanding of cross-functional responsibilities and navigate to matrix reporting relationships
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1330