Senior or Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors degree, experience, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Senior or Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will be the liaison between product design/validate and assembly/test. You will work closely with the engineering staff to ensure smooth transition of development programs into low rate production. You will help select and design tooling and equipment to support both prototypes and low rate production.
Your core responsibilities will be helping engineering create producible designs, ensure both engineering and assembly technicians have the right equipment, tools, and fixtures for personal safety and product quality. You may lead/mentor/train Assembly Technicians. You will also be a team member and/or support Facility Engineering, Quality, and EH&S.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college in Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Technical leadership experience in assembling complex electromechanical systems
- Technical understanding of electronics, mechanical design, and product testing
- Experience with concurrent engineering, DFMA, FMEA
- Experience with, or passion to learn about, laser welding, including cooling systems and position automation
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures for assembly and test
- Experience creating assembly and test work instructions
- Machine shop experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 10+ years relevant experience in an electromechanical environment
- Continuous Improvement/6 sigma green belt
- Facility Engineering and automation (interest in robotics)
- Environmental and Safety requirements
- Quality systems, i.e. First Article Inspections, Material Review Boards
- Previous work in small company or startup environment helpful
- Experience with battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing desirable
- Knowledge of industrial robotics, computer vision, laser welding desirable
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PERKS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, and drinks, ping pong, foosball, and basketball
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarship programs
IS IT A FIT?
Quickly apply by sending us your resume or LinkedIn profile using the apply/submit link on this page. Principals only please.
Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a division of EaglePicher Technologies LLC. EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and has been serving mission critical aerospace, defense, and medical battery markets for over 75 years. EaglePicher's batteries are a key enabler of the US space program, including providing the emergency power that successfully brought the Apollo 13 crew home. Today EaglePicher batteries power the International Space Station, Mars Rovers, commercial jets, helicopters, and lifesaving medical implants. Based in San Francisco, Lithiumstart was acquired by EaglePicher in February 2017 and serves as the company’s rapid prototyping R&D center with specialties in embedded software, electronics, and robotics.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.