Manufacturing Engineer, R&D
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors degree, experience, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Senior or Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will be the liaison between product design/validate and assembly/test. You will work closely with the engineering staff to ensure smooth transition of development programs into low rate production. You will help select and design tooling and equipment to support both prototypes and low rate production.
Your core responsibilities will be helping engineering create producible designs, ensure both engineering and assembly technicians have the right equipment, tools, and fixtures for personal safety and product quality. You may lead/mentor/train Assembly Technicians. You will also be a team member and/or support Facility Engineering, Quality, and EH&S.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college in Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Technical leadership experience in assembling complex electromechanical systems
- Technical understanding of electronics, mechanical design, and product testing
- Experience with concurrent engineering, DFMA, FMEA
- Experience with, or passion to learn about, laser welding, including cooling systems and position automation
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures for assembly and test
- Experience creating assembly and test work instructions
- Machine shop experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 8+ years relevant experience in an electromechanical environment
- Continuous Improvement/6 sigma green belt
- Facility Engineering and automation (interest in robotics)
- Environmental and Safety requirements
- Quality systems, i.e. First Article Inspections, Material Review Boards
- Previous work in small company or startup environment helpful
- Experience with battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing desirable
- Knowledge of, or ability and interest to learn, industrial robotics, computer vision, laser welding desirable
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, and drinks, ping pong, foosball, and basketball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.