Senior Mechatronics Engineer
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent experience in electro-mechanical and systems engineering and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Senior Mechatronics Engineer, you will join the R&D team and be a key contributor in hands on prototyping and design of lithium ion battery systems and power electronics used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Your core responsibilities will be hands on robotic centric prototype fabrication and design, along with technical project management. You will be responsible for high power/high voltage testing of battery systems using solid state load and power supplies. Other tasks include wiring harness design and first article fabrication, crimping, fine pitch soldering, capturing and analyzing test data, hand pick and place (SMT), PCB bring up, debugging using lab tools like oscilloscopes and logic/protocol analyzers, requirements definition and build documentation, hands on verification testing, and automated test fixture design.
- BS or MS Degree with a background in electro-mechanical and systems engineering or mechatronics
- Expert in hands on electro-mechanical prototyping including soldering and crimping.
- Intuitive grasp of fundamentals including basic circuits, thermal and mechanical engineering.
- Highly proficient in data capture, post processing, and analysis.
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4+ years relevant experience including recent hands on prototyping.
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety.
- Industrial robotics, laser welding, low volume PCB SMT assembly.
- Scripting including Python/Perl/MATLAB, etc, configuration and version control systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PERKS
- Flexible schedule.
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions.
- Onsite meals, snacks, and drinks, ping pong, foosball, and basketball.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarship programs
IS IT A FIT?
Quickly apply by sending us your resume or LinkedIn profile using the apply/submit link on this page. If you have any questions you may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Careers Line at +1 (415) 636-6471. Principals only please.
Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a division of EaglePicher Technologies LLC. Headquartered in St. Louis, EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and has been serving mission critical aerospace, defense, and medical battery markets for over 75 years. EaglePicher's batteries are a key enabler of the US space program, including providing the emergency power that successfully brought the Apollo 13 crew home. Today EaglePicher batteries power the International Space Station, Mars Rovers, commercial jets, helicopters, and lifesaving medical implants. Based in San Francisco, Lithiumstart was acquired by EaglePicher in February 2017 and serves as the company’s rapid prototyping R&D center with specialties in embedded software, electronics, and robotics.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.