Senior Manufacturing Engineer, R&D
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors degree, experience, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be the liaison between the design engineering team and prototyping/production teams. You will work closely with engineers and technicians to smoothly transition development programs into low rate production while ensuring our products are reproducible, safe to manufacture, and meet the quality required for our demanding Aerospace, Space and Defense applications.
The daily responsibilities will be exciting and vary from equipment selection, fixture design, prototype build support, to training, production transition and development of manufacturing documentation. You will support prototype builds in the shop as a way to inform instructions and production development and facilitate ISO rollout in the shop with 5S and continuous improvement initiatives. You will also be a team member and/or support Facility Engineering, Quality, and EH&S.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder
- Technical leadership experience in assembling complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with, or passion to learn about, laser welding, including cooling systems and position automation
- Technical understanding of electronics, mechanical design, and product testing
- Experience with concurrent engineering, DFMA, FMEA
- Experience selecting, designing and procuring tooling and fixtures for assembly and test
- Experience in creating assembly and test work instructions and development of training documentation for equipment and product builds
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Experience supporting transitions from R&D to production
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years relevant experience in an electromechanical environment
- Machine shop experience highly preferred
- Continuous Improvement/6 sigma green belt
- Facility Engineering and automation (interest in robotics)
- Environmental and Safety requirements
- Quality systems, i.e. First Article Inspections, Material Review Boards
- Previous work in small company or startup environment helpful
- Experience with battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing desirable
- Knowledge of industrial robotics, computer vision, laser welding desirable
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Use the best design tools for work including custom CAD workstations with SpacePilot Pro 3D mice, FirePro GPU’s, and 27" IPS LCD displays
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, basketball and foosball
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Life, AD&D
- Matching 401k w/immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. We provide the most experience and the broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher’s Lithiumstart Division, centrally located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery systems, pack integration, safety, battery management and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large- we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.