Senior Engineering Project Manager
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager that is a sharp engineer who thrives on project management and still enjoys doing engineering in some fashion. As a Senior Engineering Project Manager with Lithiumstart, you will join the R&D team and be a key contributor in hands on prototyping and design of lithium ion battery systems and power electronics used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Your core responsibilities will be technical project and program management, along with hands on prototype fabrication and engineering design of battery management systems. You will be responsible for project management involving high power/high voltage design, prototype and testing of battery systems using solid-state load and power supplies. You will serve as senior project management adviser to management, mentor other project engineers, lead monthly program reviews and work in accordance with established EH&S requirements and take actions in accordance to correct unsafe conditions as identified. Other tasks could include design and first article fabrication, requirements definition and build documentation.
- BS or MS Engineering Degree with a technical background (electrical, mechanical, systems, mechatronics, or embedded control) in complex system based products
- U.S. Citizenship required due to contractual requirements
- Minimum 8 years of overall engineering experience and 3 years of recent project leadership of any sufficiently complex system based products
- Applied technical engineering experience in a system based product
- Experience in prototyping or R&D environments
- Passion for hands on prototyping with intuitive grasp of fundamentals including basic circuits, mechanical engineering
- Proficient in developing cost and schedule framework for projects
- Ability to function as program / project leader on one or more projects while maintaining multiple overall project schedules
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills
- Project leadership experience in a Department of Defense (DoD), BMS or Aerospace environment
- Advanced knowledge of business concepts and principles associated with project cost and forecasting (prefer to include Earned Value Management System)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety, helpful
- Certification in Program Management highly preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
- In addition to engineering degree, Business degree, Master's or equivalent experience is highly preferred
- Expert leadership and management skills, particularly "influence management" and "conflict resolution"
ENVIRONMENT AND PERKS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, and drinks, ping pong, foosball, and basketball
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 10 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent scholarship programs
IS IT A FIT?
Quickly apply by sending us your resume or LinkedIn profile using the apply/submit link on this page. If you have any questions you may reach us at email@example.com. Principals only please.
Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a division of EaglePicher Technologies LLC. Headquartered in St. Louis, EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and has been serving mission critical aerospace, defense, and medical battery markets for over 75 years. EaglePicher's batteries are a key enabler of the US space program, including providing the emergency power that successfully brought the Apollo 13 crew home. Today EaglePicher batteries power the International Space Station, Mars Rovers, commercial jets, helicopters, and lifesaving medical implants. Based in San Francisco, Lithiumstart was acquired by EaglePicher in February 2017 and serves as the company’s rapid prototyping R&D center with specialties in embedded software, electronics, and robotics.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.