Senior Electrical Engineer, R&D
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Senior Electrical Engineer with Lithiumstart, a Division of EaglePicher Technologies, you will join our Research and Development team as a key contributor in hands on design and prototyping of lithium ion battery systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering or equivalent related experience and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card holder.
In this hands-on role, your core responsibilities will be overall electrical system architecture along with PCB circuit design and layout for digital and analog circuits. Daily tasks will include signal conditioning, modeling/design of low speed analog circuits, bus bar design, and cabling. Other tasks include component selection, sourcing, board bring-up, debugging using lab tools like oscilloscopes and logic/protocol analyzers, manual or hand pick and place, requirements definition, hands on verification testing, and automated test fixture design.
- Expert in PCB schematic and layout (Altium Designer strongly preferred)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 6+ years industry experience including recent relevant PCB design work
- B.S. Electrical Engineering required, M.S. a plus
- Strong intuitive grasp of fundamentals including circuits, signal processing, and communications.
- Experience in designing embedded systems involving MCUs, mixed signal circuitry, sensors, etc
- Serial protocols proficiency (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Proficient in embedded C or C++
- Experienced with power electronics, and high voltage/high power designs
- Skilled in hands on prototyping and fine pitch soldering
- Experience in wire harness specification
- Strong understanding of how PCB’s are fabricated, optimizing for manufacturability, reliability, and cost
- Successful record as an individual contributor who has delivered multiple complex digital and analog circuit boards.
- Experienced in sourcing, ordering and board bring up
- Proven track record of being exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Background in low power embedded systems
- MIL SPEC PRF 31032 and/or STD 461 and commercial PCB design practices and standards, DO-178 / DO-254 bonus
- Experience with signal integrity and EMI/EMC design best practices is helpful
- Proficient in debugging complex boards that you designed as well as those that you didn’t
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Use the best design tools for work including custom CAD workstations with SpacePilot Pro 3D mice, FirePro GPU’s, and 27" IPS LCD’s
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, basketball and foosball
Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement