(Research and Development, Yardney Facility)
EaglePicher’s Yardney Facility in East Greenwich, RI is in need of a Research Scientist to join the Research and Development Team! EaglePicher’s research and development center is equipped with advanced processing equipment, sophisticated characterization tools, and modeling capability for in-depth understanding of battery science.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this job is to develop new electrolytes to support the company’s high power, low temperature, and high energy Li-ion programs. A smaller portion of the job includes developing new electrolyte for the company’s Lithium primary product lines.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Adhere to EaglePicher core vision, values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Develop new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement, as well as create electrolyte designs.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of electrolyte synthesis and test methods
- Write research proposals to develop new Li-ion electrolytes and chemistries.
- Travel to test sites and other facilities as needed (up to 10%).
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Have 3+ years of experience in research and development of Li-ion battery systems.
- Be familiar with the design of wide temperature rage Li-ion electrolytes.
- Have the ability to evaluate performance with EIS and relevant analytical methods (e.g. XPS).
- Be familiar with the construction of coin and pouch cells for evaluation.
- Have prior experience presenting research at technical conferences.
- Have or be able to receive the relevant security clearance for working on government contracts.
- Show proven experience in evaluating new technology and business opportunities.
- Possess excellent communication skills, internal and external (customer focused).
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- A PhD in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with Li-ion safety testing protocols.
- Prior supervisory experience.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11143