Research and Development Manager
EaglePicher is searching for an Engineering Manager to join our team at our B Street Facility in Joplin, MO!
About the Position:
The primary purpose of this Engineering Manager position is to take a hands on approach in the planning and execution of Electrical System development projects, including the development of system requirements, build processes, system design optimization, and verification and validation of design compliance. Support development activities to improve assembly processes and reduce cost and lead time of systems or batteries. Product development activities also include the development of product requirements, preparation of supporting documents, tooling and product testing in a cross functional team environment.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop electrical systems from first concept prototype through validation and qualification testing while also ensuring design compliance with both customer and regulatory agency standards and requirements.
- Develop system requirements and allocate to down to design requirements.
- Collaborate with the Research and Development functional groups to design embedded systems for battery management.
- Capture embedded designs in schematics and complete printed circuit board layouts.
- Develop test plans and procedures, and oversee their execution
To succeed in this position you must:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 7-10 year of industry related experience in Research and Development or Product Development.
- Experience working under a requirements based product development setting.
- Ability and experience working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment.
- Hands on experience functionally testing systems and embedded electronics.
- Experience with developing Printed Circuit boards for ease of production and functioning in harsh environments.
- Transitioning products from a development environment into full production.
- Ability to work independently and report progress and critical project parameters to next level supervisor.
- Experience in Altium, SVN, JIRA, or SolidWorks a plus.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.