- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Technician role is to support the R&D group in all phases of battery development activities. This will encompass activities in several battery systems that include but are not limited to: cell and battery pack design concept, materials research and refinement, equipment research and refinement. Will be required to work with engineering tools such as measurement devices, microscopes, viscosity meters, and others as directed.
- Working under the direction and supervision of engineers or scientists, you will be able to:
- Perform material and component sub-assembly tests to support new cell and battery pack designs.
- Develop handling and processing methods for new materials used in R&D or production of cells.
- Complete and submit materials and equipment requisitions.
- Assist with equipment installation and operation.
- Assembly and testing of engineering development units including analysis and destructive physical analysis.
- Work with engineering tools such as measurement devices, microscopes, viscosity meters, moisture analyzers and others as directed.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, or a related field required
- Experience with EPT battery systems preferred
- Detail oriented
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word , Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Able to follow schedules
- Basic Electronic knowledge a plus
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate well and train others as needed
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong team player; able to interface with a variety of groups
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.