- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
EaglePicher is in need of a Quality Technician.
- Practicelead and train commonly accepted standards for quality control
- Maintain QMS process compliance to ensure customer confidence
- Develop and maintain standard training procedures and documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement strategies to eliminate process discipline problems
- Responsible for data entry and miscellaneous data retrieval/assimilation tasks
- Reading, understanding and following multiple steps of complex, detailed instructions, and maintaining documentation of same.
- Verify compliance of process and product with applicable drawings and work instructions.
- Responsible for gathering information to document non-compliances related to hardware and operator processes.
- Verify alignment of programs and software documentation (i.e. procedure files, firmware revision) with product specifications and test requirements; maintain documentation matrix of same.
- Maintain organization of Quality workflow in the assigned area to ensure effective use of resources.
- Participate in the resolution of hardware problems or process non-compliances working with supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Production.
- Review acceptance test and in process inspection data to determine out of specification anomalies or failures.
- Support other Quality tasks as required to maintain production schedules.
- Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to drive work center layout and process flow.
- This position will support Quality functions for Crossroads facilities in all areas of Quality represented by Eagle Picher for AS9100, ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- The position will work with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures.
- Control and maintain discrepant material (MRB) storage cabinets/areas.
- Understanding of how to use equipment, such as barcode readers, microscopes, drop gauges, calipers, and multimeters
- Attention to detail
- Performing and reading x-rays of cells
- Ability to work within Plex ERP system
- Other duties as assigned
Key Objectives: (specific expectations that will be measured for success duiting the next 6 to 18 months)
- Ensure workflow is complete, accurate, on-time and in correct format.
- Perform First Article Inspections per AS9102 as required per contract.
- Coordinate with Customer and Government representatives to support contractual requirements.
- Drive Quality requirements and adherence to procedures and processes in production areas.
- Identify and suggest changes to clarify or correct existing documentation.
- Ability to complete inspections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to tactfully provide direction and solutions that maintain process timeliness without compromising quality objectives.
- Able to work in a stressful environment while maintaining professional attitude and demeanor.
Candidate cannot be considered without meeting these requirements:
- Working knowledge of various inspection tools; i.e. calipers, torque wrenches, digital multi meters. Good computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Detail oriented to accurately review product, data, and documents
- Able to multi-task, communicate well and train others as needed.
- Able to work flexible hours when required
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability
Hiring Preferences: (successful candidates should also meet these preferences)
- Knowledge of PLEX systems and manufacturing flows.
- Working knowledge of ISO13485 standards for quality control desired.
- Previous work experience as Quality Inspector.
- Minimal Education level Required: High School Graduate or GED
- Preferred Educational Level (if applicable): 2 year technical degree or equivalent time in similar field
Medical Certification Requirements: (position specific requirements such as vision, respirator fit, etc.)
- Must be able to pass vision requirements for inspectors of solder, welding, etc.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.