Quality Technician (Day Shift, Crossroads Facility)
Crossroads Facility - EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
EaglePicher’s Technologies, LLC in search of a Quality Technician to join our team! What makes EaglePicher different? We not only have the ability to generate unique and technically advanced designs, but our team can engineer and manufacture those designs for any battery needed in the Defense, Space, Aviation, Medical, and Oil and Gas industries. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Quality Technician, you will join the Quality team and become a key contributor by practicing, leading, and training commonly accepted standards for quality control, as well as developing and maintaining standard training procedures and documentation. This will be accomplished by ensuring complete, accurate, and on-time workflows, and driving quality requirements and adherence to procedures and processes in production areas.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Practice ,lead and train commonly accepted standards for quality control;
· Maintain QMS process compliance to ensure customer confidence;
· Develop and maintain standard training procedures and documentation;
· Drive for continuous improvement strategies to eliminate process discipline problems;
· Enter data and perform miscellaneous data retrieval/assimilation tasks;
· Read, understand and follow multiple steps of complex, detailed instructions, and maintain documentation of same;
· Verify compliance of process and product with applicable drawings and work instructions;
· Gather information to document non-compliances related to hardware and operator processes;
· Verify alignment of programs and software documentation (i.e. procedure files, firmware revision) with product specifications and test requirements; maintain documentation matrix of same;
· Maintain organization of Quality workflow in the assigned area to ensure effective use of resources;
· Participate in the resolution of hardware problems or process non-compliances working with supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Production;
· Review acceptance test and in process inspection data to determine out of specification anomalies or failures;
· Support other Quality tasks as required to maintain production schedules;
· Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to drive work center layout and process flow;
· Support Quality functions for Crossroads facilities in all areas of Quality represented by Eagle Picher for AS9100, ISO9001 and ISO13485;
· Work with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures;
· Control and maintain discrepant material (MRB) storage cabinets/areas;
· Perform and read x-rays of cells;
· Work within Plex ERP system.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident;
· Have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent;
· Have a working knowledge of various inspection tools; i.e. calipers, torque wrenches, digital multi meters;
· Be skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook;
· Be very detail-oriented to accurately review product, data, and documents;
· Be able to multi-task, communicate well and train others as needed;
· Be able to work flexible hours when required;
· Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· Knowledge of PLEX systems and manufacturing flows;
· Working knowledge of ISO13485 standards for quality control;
· Previous work experience as Quality Inspector;
· A 2-year technical degree or equivalent time in a similar field.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.