(Quality Assurance, Yardney Facility)
EaglePicher’s Yardney Facility in East Greenwich, Rhode Island is in need of a Quality Engineer to join their Quality Assurance team! At EaglePicher, our focus is on Mission-Critical Quality and Reliability. As a company, we are committed to achieving the highest level of customer loyalty by delivering reliable, mission-critical battery solutions and services, attained through a commitment to ZERO quality defects, uncompromising focus on process execution, and achieving superior, measurable results through continuous improvement.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Quality Engineer’s focus will be on establishing and maintaining consistent expectations for work schedules and responsibilities of directs, as well as improving workflow and throughput of inspection with assistance of our Six Sigma group. In addition, this position will ensure employees are provided adequate training and documentation, and assist predictions for inspection resource needs of the East Greenwich facility.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop detailed work instructions that involve multiple steps of complex equipment and maintaining documentation of same;
- Manage and lead site PRACAS (problem reporting and corrective action system) to drive root cause and corrective actions for quality defects;
- Maintain quality documentation to comply with AS9100 Rev. D standards;
- Develop metrics to drive the continuous improvement of factory yield, customer issues, supplier quality, and inspection capability;
- Work with Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering departments to develop processes with “built in” quality;
- Work with Manufacturing and Engineering departments to qualify and validate new equipment, processes, and procedures;
- Make recommendations for equipment and inspection improvements;
- Modify and verify alignment of programs and software documentation with product specifications, test, and inspection requirements;
- Participate / Lead Correction Action Board meetings and resolution of Problem Reports with supervisors of Quality, Engineering and Production;
- Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to improve or recommend facility layout and process flow;
- Maintain projects driving continuous reduction of process variation and other improvement projects through use of SPC data and factory metrics;
- Assist establishing and overseeing strategic quality projects following the Eagle Picher Quality Roadmap.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the following: Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or related field;
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications;
- Have experience using SPC in a manufacturing environment;
- Be a strong team player who is able to interface with a variety of groups;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to train others as needed.
The most successful applicants will also have:
· The ability to work flexible hours when required;
· An excellent record of attendance and reliability;
· Good working knowledge of PLEX or similar MRP system;
· A Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Technology.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11128