Quality and Test Lab Manager
Quality and Test Lab Manager
(Quality Department, Yardney Facility)
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role will be as a Quality and Test Lab Manager for the Quality Assurance group. Key objectives in this position include establishing strong relationships with customers and customer representatives to instill confidence of company capabilities, drive continuous reduction of process variation, use data and factory metrics to drive continuous improvement projects, and complete strategic quality projects following the EaglePicher Quality Roadmap.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Manage the factory quality system from end to end and track metrics;
• Develop audit processes, ensure compliance of quality systems, and drive expeditious resolutions;
• Support product inspections internally and from customer source representatives;
• Resolve problems or non-compliances, and provide accurate and thorough documentation of problem resolutions to internal and external customers;
• Maintain a working knowledge of AS9100 certification approval and sustainment;
• Lead the quality and testing department teams.
To succeed in this position, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business, or related discipline, OR have experience equivalent to advanced degree;
• Have 5-10 years’ experience in quality assurance, with at least 5 years’ experience in quality management within a manufacturing company;
• Have a strong knowledge of AS9100 and AS9102 FAI processes;
• Have experience working with DoD and Government Contractors;
• Have a detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Techniques;
• Possess excellent organizational and teamwork skills;
• Be able to delegate effectively and utilize available resources;
• Possess strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills;
• Have a working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC);
• Be proficient in PC/Windows software environment, with knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office software.
The most successful candidates will have:
• Previous experience with aerospace and/or defense industries;
• Professional certification in ASQ, CQE, and/or CQM;
• Above average skill in PowerPoint and Access;
• Six Sigma or equivalent statistical engineering certification/experience.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11116