Production Supervisor - East Greenwich
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Supervisor – Production will assist Operations leadership in an assigned production area in ensuring operations meets production schedules in accordance within quality, cost, delivery, technical and safety standards. Position is responsible for the day to day supervision of employees, organizing, prioritizing and monitoring work flow within the assigned production area. Directly supervises front line employees and subordinate leaders.
- Ensures “best practices” for achieving company objectives within Manufacturing and for maintaining high standards. Monitors the effectiveness of systems of control in the areas of manufacturing efficiency and productivity, resource and capacity utilization, forecasting and capacity planning, inventory control, process improvement, new product and process introduction, and manufactured product quality and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Communicates job expectations, plans, monitors, and appraises job results through effective motivational techniques, coaching, counseling and disciplining of employees with direct leaders’ oversight. Coordinates and enforces systems, policies and procedures including visual management systems and attendance tracking.
- Ensures employees in production area are provided specific direction and empowered to meet daily operational goals. May perform duties of Group Leader as necessary.
- Ensures employees in production area maintain compliance with training requirements. Documents processes, standard work instructions and ensures staff are cross-trained to provided adequate coverage. Delegates resources as appropriate to cover production needs.
- Gathers, monitors and provides reports on critical business metrics; utilize management operating system, enterprise resource planning and other software and systems to measure success and coordinate efforts.
- Maintains and promotes the implementation of Lean Manufacturing, DMAIC and Six Sigma methodologies and initiatives.
- Responsible for creating a safe work environment, training individuals on proper safeguards including PPE, monitoring the work environment for safety risks and ergonomic issues; participates in and conducts safety audits including recommendation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Establishes effective working relationships with all departments and external parties to provide customer-focused improvement activity.
- Communicates to the leadership team on performance objectives and issues affecting plant performance.
To succeed in this position you must:
- Have a high school diploma and/or GED with minimum 5 years’ experience in operations/manufacturing management within a high volume manufacturing organization.
- Be able to read and interpret technical documents and specifications as well as technical battery knowledge with know-how of assembly processes for multiple designs or posess the ability to learn.
- Be effective at training others and presenting information through written and verbal communication.
- Have proficient computer skills, including MS office
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a demonstrated ability to leae a diverse workforce and achieve results.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of ITAR and ISO standards
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodology such as DMAIC, Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience with implementation of automated equipment from start-up to full-scale production
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1388