Production Supervisor - Crossroads
- Job ID
- # of Openings
This position is a key member of the leadership team responsible for supporting the production activities within the Lithium Ion & Cfx manufacturing organization.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Establishing “best practice” procedures for achieving company objectives within Manufacturing and for maintaining high standards and effective systems of control in the areas of manufacturing efficiency and productivity, resource and capacity utilization, forecasting and capacity planning, inventory control, process improvement, new product and process introduction, and manufactured product quality;
- Introduction and promotion of continuous improvement techniques including utilization of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies;
- Direct the installation, start-up, de-bug, qualification, and maintenance of high-volume manufacturing production equipment;
- Promote company-wide quality improvement efforts with the support of the quality department;
- Ensure compliance to company rules and regulations including H&S, ISO, ITAR, company handbook, and other systems that may be introduced;
- Continue to build a culture of trust and involvement within the department through positive relations and communication while maintaining discipline and morale with advice from the HR Department and the leadership team;
- Continue to evaluate and implement lean manufacturing techniques into the facility;
- Establish and maintain visual management systems to effectively communicate performance to objectives throughout the facility;
- Establish effective working relationships with all departments and external parties to provide customer-focused improvement activity;
- Communicate to the leadership team on performance objectives, plans to achieve objectives, and issues affecting plant performance;
- Support after hours facility problems and production issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business, or related discipline preferred, but not required
- Five (5) years’ experience in operations/manufacturing management within a high volume manufacturing organization
- Must possess demonstrated ability to implement change and be results-focused
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement techniques
- Must possess excellent organizational and team working/building skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and utilize available resources
- Working knowledge and experience with implementation of automated equipment from start-up to full-scale production
- Experience in plan layouts, high-volume production start-ups and turnkey operations is essential
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Computer skills in a PC windows software environment required with knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project with PowerPoint preferred.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.