- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Production Manager plans and organizes manufacturing activities for a specific functional unit or product line to meet production schedules, assesses customer requirements, customer demand, available resources and has responsibility for estimating, budgeting and forecasting. Accountable for ensuring that product meets cost, quality, and schedule deadlines through safe, effective and efficient work processes.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Plans, implements, controls, reviews, adjusts and communicates production schedule in order to effectively and efficiently use available resources to meet customer demand while maintaining cost, quality and schedule. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
• Ensures the use of established systems and reports on metrics that represent department, plant and / or overall production team success.
• Determines and makes recommendations on how to best source, utilize, maintain, modify and procure necessary resources to meet production targets including human, material, capital and other resources.
• Effectively collaborates and coordinates between relevant departments including supply chain, quality, finance, human resources, etc. to meet company objectives. May perform duties of Supervisor-Production as necessary.
• Monitors production tracking and quality control systems to detect production problems; identifies and recommends proactive solutions and recommendations to address.
• Teaches and provides mentorship to supervisors / group leaders / production workers in the areas of employee development and retention and process improvements.
• Creates a safe work environment, monitoring the work environment for safety risks and ergonomic issues and ensuring safety issues are effectively addressed in a timely manner.
• Assists in the selection of, as well as develops and maintains qualified personnel within the production department, both supervision and front-line staff.
• Communicates to the leadership team on performance objectives and issues affecting plant performance.
• Provides guidance, assistance, oversight and decision making authority for subordinate personnel and production related issues within area; consulting supervisor as necessary.
To succeed in this position, the ideal candidate would:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, operations or science preferred or equivalent experience in related field
- Have five or more years of managerial experience within a manufacturing business, cross-functional team management preferred
- Demonstrate success in managing people and leading multiples teams and/or departments in manufacturing
- Have strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate success in achieving results along with experience in Operational Excellence
- Possess business and financial acumen as well as fundamental management principles
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- A six sigma background with lean manufacturing experience
- Experience in plant layouts, high-volume production start-ups and turnkey operations
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.