Product Engineer - Energetics
- Job ID
- # of Openings
This position in Product Engineering will be the subject matter expert for a family of energetics designs and serve as the primary technical contact with the customer. This person is responsible for understanding customer design requirements then developing drawings and manufacturing instructions that ensure compliance to the requirements. The successful candidate will show the initiative to quickly learn the technology and manufacturing methods. The Product Engineer must be schedule-driven and be able to operate efficiently on their own in a dynamic environment to quickly resolve issues. They will routinely perform data analysis to identify cause and effect to ensure manufacturing problems are resolved appropriately. They will also provide formal presentations of their analysis. The Product Engineer will demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
- Generate and maintain of technical data packages including drawings, travelers, tooling, and test procedures
- Provide technical expertise to solve production issues
- Interface with both External and Internal Customers
- Work with suppliers to resolve raw material issues
- Prepare and conduct presentations to peers, management and customer
- Progress to serving as a design engineer for new designs or modifications of existing designs
- Coordinate and execute engineering trials on new equipment and new materials; measure process parameters, develop methods and conduct quantitative process analysis
- Provide monthly progress reports on assigned development projects to supervisor
- Practice procedures which comply with corporate quality and safety systems
- STEM degree is required; engineering degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience preferred, but will consider new graduates
- Design experience in the defense industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communications skills
- Project management and technical writing skills
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing concepts
- Understanding of basic statistics for manufacturing capability analysis
- Understanding of Ohm’s Law and basic circuit analysis
- Measurement and instrumentation experience is desired
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.