Process Engineer (In-process Testing)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The primary purpose of this position is to upgrade the technical knowledge and background needed to develop testing and poke-a-yoke quality checks for various production assembly operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for technical development, design and oversight of testing, standardization of tooling and testing processes, upgrade of testing equipment where necessary and practical, error proofing of processes, and trouble-shooting test anomalies.
The In-Line Test Engineer position will support production and assembly testing and poke-a-yoke development functions for DSP facilities in all areas of in-process, nondestructive testing. This position will be responsible for design, development and implementation of in-process, non-destructive test equipment used to assemble cells, batteries and energetic devices for Space, Aircraft, and R&D at EaglePicher facilities. The person will be responsible for design, manufacturing, and verification of test equipment, along with supporting production test equipment, generating layouts for existing and new product line testing, and reviewing data as needed. In addition, the person will be responsible for developing root cause problem resolutions of non-compliances related to hardware and operators. The position will work with minimum supervision within company policies and procedures. Some travel required.
- Determine the best method of achieving the highest test coverage using different test processes.
- Purchasing of new equipment included but not limited to, creation of machine specifications, quoting, selecting vendor, oversee build, FAT, SAT, installation and validation.
- Interpret test specifications and test procedures to satisfy program test verification objectives and provide feedback and costing for proposal.
- Plan, direct, review, and coordinate non-destructive test projects ensure customer, contract, and company requirements are met.
- Work with technical writers to develop required documentation.
- Work integrally with electrical hardware and dynamic test equipment including machine vision.
- Develop In-process verification test ensuring high standard of manufacturing quality.
- Develop and implement new test technologies such as but not limited to machine vision, non-contact measuring and part presents, force monitoring etc.
- Work with process engineering implementing test and data collection into new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Develop procedures and processes to verify correct test operation.
- Participate in the resolution of hardware problems or process non-compliances working with supervisors of Quality, Process Engineering and Production.
- Design, build, and maintain test equipment and ensure equipment is capable of performing required tests prior to testing customer hardware.
- Review test data to determine out of specification anomalies or failures.
- Use Six Sigma and 5S methods to improve test process flow.
- Understand and adjust test parameters as needed.
- Design test tooling utilizing SolidWorks software.
- Develop testing electrical schematics and control architecture.
- U.S. Persons
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or technology related field preferred. Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with production supervisors, program managers and customer representatives to support the timing and accuracy of all testing activities.
- Moderate experience in a similar role preferred.
- Ability to conduct fact-based problem solving.
- Tier 1 automotive supplier test or manufacturing engineering experience preferred.
- A strong practical electrical and/or mechanical background preferred.
- Control system design/programming background a plus.
- SolidWorks/CAD design background preferred.
- Design non-contact measuring systems a plus.
- Leak test and/or machine vision background a plus.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.