Process Development Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Process Development Engineer position will support R&D activities related to electrochemical thermal battery process development, including equipment specification for new materials and process development for new material cell design and failure analysis. This role will include both fundamental and hands-on equipment design activities for multiple electrochemistries and projects. This position will coordinate multiple functions to deliver these products to a wide variety of commercial and military customers such NASA, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing General Electric and many others. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers at all levels of system design/development, components, quality engineering. To apply you must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
What can EaglePicher Technologies do for you?
- Come and grow with a company that is rapidly expanding into new battery solution spaces for aircraft electrification, hybrid power systems and satellites.
- Become a part of the evolution of lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology, and other novel battery chemistry system solutions to positively impact our environment.
- Directly impact the development of the most differentiated, disruptive and value-added battery system technologies in the industry
- Collaborate with a word-class team on leading-edge innovation for energy and power sources.
- Gain experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams, in commercial and military markets.
- Engage in an environment where teams embrace and celebrate inclusion and diversity
What can you do for EaglePicher Technologies?
- Ability to understand complex cell and battery requirements and derive the material and component performance needed to develop a successful product.
- Develop characterization methods as needed to evaluate cell components utilizing both internal and external analytical testing capabilities.
- Conduct benchmark studies of materials, additives, and solvents, and provide assessment of their potential through analytical and electrochemical testing.
- Perform material and component sub-assembly tests and model performance to support baseline cell designs.
- Perform cell fabrication techniques such as single cell tests, demonstration multi-cell batteries, and full size prototype battery design.
- Conduct full cell testing and characterization testing based on electrochemical and thermal material property testing, derivations, and research.
- Conduct cell and battery abuse testing such as electrical, thermal, mechanical, and environmental abuse.
- Develop test strategies, hardware, and software needed to validate performance of battery material systems in an R&D environment.
- Generate routine internal progress reports as well as formal technical reports for publication.
- Ability to work productively as part of a team including other science and engineering specialties.
- Assist and contribute to development of innovative new products with ideas, concepts, collaboration and intellectual properties.
What you need for success:
- BS with 5-7 years of experience, MS or PhD preferred in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field
- MS with 3-5 years of experience, PhD with 2-3 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in the battery industry is preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, ability to produce publishable technical documents
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to lead research projects
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have / be:
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Solid problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE:
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- Paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.